Hospital Compare has information about the quality of care over 4500Medicare- certified hospitals across the country. We have used this information to do the analysis that which hospitals are good for particular condition. Either way the information is useful for the hospital to make a sound decision for quality of the care they provide. When you have a life-threatening emergency, always go to the nearest hospital. However, if you’re planning to have surgery, or if you have a condition like heart disease and know you may need hospital care in the future. Research shows that some hospitals do a better job taking care of patients with certain conditions than other hospitals.
For the interaction with this tableau report, please go to:
[wptabs mode=”horizontal”] [wptabtitle] Challenges[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
- The difficulty lies in aligning all the measure of different categories and units and produce a universal total score which can meaningfully represent the performance of a hospital and thus used in the comparison across all the hospitals.
- The part of score value is null and we need to get rid of it in order to make a calculation.
- The rank of top hospital by score of measure ID can be only filtered by number of top records in each category but we need to enable the end user to filter the top group of hospitals with same score.
[wptabtitle] Solutions[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
- Maximum score of each category (measure id of each condition of hospital) divide by each single score in that category (unify the scores into 0-1).
- Use SnapLogic for ETL process, moved the data from source table to target table and exclude null values in target table.
- Used dense rank instead of unique rank and alien it with parameter filter of top 10 selection.
- Ease of finding hospitals by state or ZIP code.
- Compare the results of certain measures of quality that show how well these hospitals treat certain conditions.
- Hospitals can check and improve the quality of its care through our dashboard.
- MS Excel/CSV